October 16, 2017

THE BLACKMAIL EPISODE 6


The blackmail Episode 6

Mrs Chioma had to go to the shop alone that day since Dave refused to go to the shop and his looks was not a happy one to be at the shop after the slap she gave to him unexpectedly. Few minutes after she left the house, Dave called his father’s line severally but he refused to pick up his calls.
Mr Peter was still furious and angry at the way his son responded to him on phone. It looked so strange and unthinkable that his son could shout at him. He couldn’t go to his shop neither did he allow the young boy that was assisting him in the shop to open the shop.
He sat down boiling in thoughts, tapping his right foot on the floor and trying to get over the shock he just got from his son. He was in deep thought when his wife who went to the farm returned. Greeted him twice but Mr Peter appeared like a blank sheet in an examination hall. His wife needed to tap him on his shoulder and he jerked out of his thought like a bird that escaped from the nest.
My husband, you look so worried, who offended you and why at home by this time of the day instead to be at your shop? Mrs Peter asked her husband with great concern.
Woman! Don’t husband me at all at all, I am not in the mood to talk to anyone now, just go into the house and leave me alone!
Mrs Peter still pressured the husband to know what actually went wrong to the point of him being furious with her after several years of both of them being married.
Is it not this stupid son of yours that has turned to something else that he has gotten to the city and now has the nerves and audacity to shout at his father on phone and even giving me a warning.
 His wife replied calmly in defence of his son, my son is not stupid and I know my son can’t do such a thing to his father. I believe there might have been something that came up or maybe part of his plans to get the woman’s trust. I think we should call him on phone, but did he call you back? Mrs Peter asked her husband.
Yes, he called severally but I was not ready to talk to a son that has suddenly grown wings within few months of leaving his father’s house and now could shout at his father on phone. That is not the way out of this situation, Mrs Peter told her husband as she picked up her husband’s phone to call her son Dave.
Her son picked up the call almost immediately as though he has been waiting for his father’s call to come in.
Dave: hello daddy, I am sorry, let me explain.
Mrs Peter: It's your mum. How are you my son, I believe you are fine, and what is this am hearing from your dad?
Dave: I am fine mummy; I can explain what actually happened. I shouted on dad on phone in the presence of aunty Chioma this morning after she told me how dad has been hash towards her whenever she called, with the intention of behaving like one by her side since dad and uncle James has turned hostile towards her and also to win her trust the more.
Mrs Peter: Wow! that’s my son, I told your dad that you are not a stupid son but that something must have brought up that idea of you shouting at him, you need to speak to your dad now. He is with me here.
She handed the phone over to her husband to speak with Dave.
Mr Peter: yes young man, what prompted that foolish attitude of yours some hours ago?
Dave: As I explained to mum, that idea came to me with the intention of winning her trust more and if I had told you initially, you could have acted too calmly that’s why I shouted on you when she told me this morning that you and uncle James were been too hash to her. Although, I collected a slap from her for been disrespectful to my father.
 Mr Peter: That is a nice one my son, but I was almost scared that you may have changed your mind towards the mission that took you to her house. But do well to apologize to her when she returns in the evening to avoid making her have some disbelieve about you.
Dave: I will do as you have said daddy, everything is under control here with me, so do not bother yourself, the plan will be executed smoothly.
Have a nice day, his father said and hung up the call.
Mr Peter and his wife stared at each other and laughed so loud. My son is becoming a real crook, Mr Peter said.
Yes of cause, he is following the footsteps of his father, his wife responded in laughter as she made her way to the kitchen

EPISODE 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts