October 02, 2017

THE BLACKMAIL EPISODE 5

The blackmail Episode 5











The following week Dave travelled to his uncle’s house at Okoko, which was about two hours journey from his father’s house. The two hours journey has seen to be day’s journey due to the traffic jam that is been experienced almost in the whole cities of Lagos State on a daily basis. Dave was joyful that he was moving to a new environment but at the same time felt sad because he was on a mission for destruction and not for peace.
At arrival, Mrs Jackson and her two daughters welcomed him warmly into their house. He felt the love of a family and the love he had missed not having younger siblings, as Jane and Janet always kept him busy before he started going to work at his uncle’s business centre. They lived so happily in the house and he learned things quickly at the business place of his uncle.
It came to a point that he thought of calling his father on phone to inform him that he had no more interest again in the evil plans he came to execute due to the love he has received. However, at intervals, the thought of being rich always beclouded his thoughts over having a good name and being good.

Three months later
Mr Peter, on the other hand, was worried over his son’s reluctance in not executing the plans as quickly as earlier agree before he left for Okoko and this made him so angry with Mrs Jackson that he now shouts on phone whenever he called Mrs Jackson
This woman must have charmed my son. I knew it that this woman will change and now that change has affected my son that he no longer calls me as he did when he got to Okoko newly. I need to do something urgently before this gets out of hand, Mr Peter reasoned within himself.

At Mrs Resident

Dave sit down we need to talk.
I hope all is well Aunty? Dave asked
All is not well Dave
Why have your father and his brother become so hateful toward me and everything I do, and this has been on for long now ever since you came here although I decided to keep everything away from you, but now its getting me really tired.
Aunty, you should have told me about their attitude change towards you long before now!
Aunty, don’t mind them, just focus on yourself and let them be. I am always here for you. They can be angry but can't-do anything evil to you.
I am even calling my dad now to warn him Dave said to Mrs Jackson
Please don’t do that to avoid more problems and shouting on phone. But Dave insisted on calling his father.

Hello Daddy! Good morning son
Daddy nothing is good about this morning, why have you and uncle James decided to make life miserable for Uncle’s wife?
Son, what has come over you? Are you becoming stupid or something? Remember am still your father.
And so what! daddy?
 Hey things have spoilt oh, look at my son of yesterday shouting at his father just because he travelled to Okoko
Mrs Jackson collected the phone from Dave in haste and gave him a resounding slap that echoed like the fire service siren when there is an emergency fire outbreak.
Aunty, why did you slap me? Dave asked with a shivering voice.
Yes! I slapped you because you don’t talk to your father in such manner no matter what he has done.
And one more word from you again, Dave I will slap you again and you will leave this house.
Dave angrily left the sitting home and went into his room.


What happened next?
READ EPISODE 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts