September 11, 2017

THE BLACKMAIL EPISODE 2

The Blackmail Episode 2












The news of her husband’s death came as a shocker to her; she could not believe the news until she saw his body part almost in pieces at the Lagos State Teaching Hospital Mortuary. Her tears knew no restrictions, the pains were almost beyond that of a woman in the deliverer room grasping for the last strength to put to birth.
 Are mine in the world for pains only? Oh God why must it be death all the time, Why not just sickness, so I could have someone to call my husband? Oh! death you are wicked and inconsiderate at my plight right from birth!
Several questions choked her reasoning but no answer seems coming forth to settle her bundle of questions.
Her world came crashing down. The man who showed her love was gone. Her elder brother who catered for her while she was younger also died in an accident two years back leaving behind the wife and her son.
James and Peter her husband’s brothers suddenly turned to her enemies a month after the death and the burial of their brother. She could not place the reason for the turned aggression against her after their brother’s death and burial.
       *********************************************************************
One week after the burial
James was in his house when his elder brother Peter visited him early hours of a Monday morning.
Brother, good morning James greeted.
Morning James, Peter responded with a beam of smile written over his face.
Today must be a blessed day for me seeing my elder this early morning in my house with great joy written over his face that even the blind could see the joy through their blind eyes.

Hahaha, James yes it is indeed a great day as you have said! Good things lie ahead for both of us.
Wow! James exclaimed as he went into the house to bring two seats so they could get talking about the goodies.
So brother what are the goodies? James asked as they both sat down
Relax a bit, how about your wife and Ada, Peter asked.
They are fine; they just left few minutes to the farm before your arrival.
It is good to know they are in good health; mine too are good, she asked me to greet you.
Back to the matter, so bro Peter back to the goodies you have in store.
Yes James, don’t you think we have to do something about our brother’s wealth else, his so-called wife might just marry another man seeing that she is still barely 35 and we will be here in the same Lagos suffering.
   Yes, I thought of that also, James responded but I was waiting for you as my elder brother to bring up the matter immediately he died but you did not so I kept quiet over the matter.
Sounds good that you are on my side and you have long been in agreement with me even before I brought up the matter, Peter responded in excitement.
So, what is the plan to be used, James asked.
 James, well that would not be a challenge, seeing that she is a very quiet and peaceful woman who does not like trouble. Let us let advantage of her kindness and undo her.
Jackson smiled mischievously with glimpses of hope.
In addition, she does not have anyone to stand for her, let's forcefully take over the business since she has no relative alive except her two young innocent daughters, elder brother’s wife and son who can’t hurt a fly talk more of a cockroach.
They both laughed and shook hands with excitement.
When do we start implementation of undoing her with her kindness James asked.
Just leave that to me, James, when the time comes for implementation I will let you know about.
I have to be on my way now to my shop, we will talk about that later.
Take care bro Peter, my greetings to your wife and your son Dave.

Your greetings will get to them, Peter responded as he made to leave to his shop.

THE BLACKMAIL EPISODE 3
Please drop your comments and help to share this. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts