September 20, 2017

THE BLACKMAIL EPISODE 3

The Blackmail Episode 3








Dave is the son and only child of Mr. Peter, he had no opportunity of furthering his education after his WAEC three years back because of the high cost of going to the university. He had to join his father in the furniture work he was doing so as not to idle away at home.
Dave! Dave! Mr. Peter called out to his son who was outside the shop chatting with some friends who work in the same area his father’s shop was located.
Yes daddy, Dave answered from outside. Start bringing in the furniture into the shop because it’s getting late already and there is an important discussion I need to have with you when we get home.
Ok, daddy let me start immediately.
An hour later, they were back at home and were done eating.
Dave lets go outside and talk about what I earlier informed you of at the shop.
Ok daddy, Dave responded as he went in, to bring out two seats.
Now Dave, as I earlier told you at the shop this evening, there is something I  need to tell you about and it involves you in a great way as my only child.
What is it daddy, Dave asked with a surprised look and a mixed feeling.
If you remember, my late brother had plans to start up a business for you before his death.
Yes dad, I remember, Dave responded in the affirmative.
But since he is late now, that dream may be dashed in pieces. So there is a new plan we need to take so we don’t remain in suffering. Although my younger brother was helpful to us while he was alive.
What is the plan daddy? Dave asked.
The plan now is to take over the business of my late brother and take over his wealth forcefully from that his so-called wife
Ha, daddy! Dave said almost in disbelieve of the intentions of his father
But daddy, that woman has really been a good woman and does not deserve this wickedness you want to inflict on her.
Dave stood up to leave his dad since he does not welcome the idea.
Young man, sit down here!
Just look at your life, you are 24 years old, no Job, no money and you are not married like your mates. Am telling you what will make life meaningful for us, and you are angry.
My brother that intended helping you get into the business is no more. This his wife will now boss over everything, and we remain poor and miserable. Can’t you just make good use of your thinking Dave?
Daddy, that woman is too good to try to change
My son, you can never predict women. They change within seconds and blink of the eyes.
Just follow my counsel and you will see how it works out well for us.

Daddy, I will think about what you said and get back to you on this matter by tomorrow morning.
Son, there is nothing here to think about nevertheless, I will wait for your response first thing tomorrow morning before anything else.
Dave couldn’t sleep well that night, he thought of the benefits that will come if they are in the position of his late uncle’s wealth. But in all the fantasies, his thought still rings “she is a good woman”. He suppressed that thought and decided to go with the idea of his father.

7am The next morning.
Good morning daddy, Dave greeted his father
Good morning son, I believe your night was great and good.
Yes dad, I have made up my mind to go with your idea of last night.
That’s my son, he tapped him on his shoulders.
But dad, is mummy aware of everything you are about to do?
Yes for sure, she even brought the idea, also your Uncle, James, and family are aware of the plan and they gave their approval for it.


 drop your comments, and help to share this too. Thanks

THE BLACKMAIL EPISODE 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts